wg-multicast - Re: IP/Television

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: IP/Television

  • From: Alan Crosswell <>
  • To: Roy Hockett <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: IP/Television
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 10:54:33 -0400

Along the lines of this inquiry I'd like to restate my request from the instructors of the hands-on multicast workshop for feedback on experiences with LAN multicast issues so that we can improve the workshop. This is an area repeatedly identified by workshop attendees as one that needs more attention. What issues are people seeing with IGMP snooping/CGMP, etc? What tips/debugging hints, etc. can you offer?

/a

Roy Hockett wrote:
I know Northwestern University is using Video furnace for this application
on thier campus. I am curious as to what other schools are looking at or
planning on providing Television content over IP multicast. Also what
products you are looking at, and where you are thinking of getting
content?

Thanks,
-Roy

/* Roy Hockett * Telephone: (734) 763-7325 */
/* Network Engineer, * FAX: (734) 763-2180 */
/* ITD, * Internet:

*/
/* University of Michigan * */