wg-multicast - Re: I2-NEWS: Webcast Advisory - Michigan Information Technology Center

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: I2-NEWS: Webcast Advisory - Michigan Information Technology Center

  • From: ken lindahl <>
  • To: Bill Owens <>, "Kevin C. Almeroth" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: I2-NEWS: Webcast Advisory - Michigan Information Technology Center
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 12:04:45 -0700

At 01:02 PM 10/25/2002 -0400, Bill Owens wrote:
>>and fwiw, i sent a personal reply to Greg Wood and Doug van Houweling,
>>suggesting that these events should provide a *positive* example for
>>the Internet2 member community by using the "advanced applications"
>>the community has worked on.

i should probably note that i have gotten very nice replies from both Greg
and Doug. Greg pointed out what was not obvious to me from my quick reading
of his announcement: this was a Michigan state event, not an Internet2 event
per se, and had it been an Internet2 event, they would have made the effort
to multicast it.

>I'm sure I should have done that, but I have my reputation as a troublemaker
>that I have to keep up ;)

me too, that's why i sent mail directly to Greg and Doug, as well as to the
list. imo, you missed an opportunity!

ken