wg-multicast - Re: Fwd: I2-NEWS: Webcast Advisory - Michigan Information Technology Center

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Fwd: I2-NEWS: Webcast Advisory - Michigan Information Technology Center

  • From: "Kevin C. Almeroth" <>
  • To: Bill Owens <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Fwd: I2-NEWS: Webcast Advisory - Michigan Information Technology Center
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 08:19:37 -0700 (PDT)

It is... of course, they are just responding to customer demand. It
really hit the fan with the Virtual Meeting last year. Lots of people
put in a lot of effort to offer this content in lots of different formats
and via lots of different communication technology (i.e. unicast and
multicast). Everyone used unicast and almost no multicast.

Not defending, just explaining... let me check with Greg, I suspect
there will be multicast support.

-kevin