wg-multicast - Re: IPv6 Multicast

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: IPv6 Multicast

  • From: Marshall Eubanks <>
  • To: "Kevin C. Almeroth" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: IPv6 Multicast
  • Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 12:46:02 -0400

Funny you should raise this ...

We have reserved

http://www.multicastaudio.com and

http://www.multicastvideo.com

as places where people could list permanent broadcast sites.

My intention is that it would have

- A URL
- A brief description of the broadcast
- A link to the appropriate SDP file.

And that we would either de-list or flags sites that were down.

Any comments or other suggestions ? If people send me their broadcast info I can start putting this together - we would reference it
on the OntheI and multicasttech sites, so it would get some traffic.

Marshall

Kevin C. Almeroth wrote:

Well, I'm not sure that having another advertising outlet is a motivation
for SDP/SAP.

A better solution would be to set up an actual working WWW-based guide.
I know these have been tried in the past, but not enough effort has been
put into making them work. You could even do something clever using
re-distribution via SSM.

SDR basically breaks down when it gets to the point where there is
too much noise and not enough signal. Essentially, we are pretty
close now.

Also, because sdr doesn't come out-of-the-box with the right plugin
scripts, it makes starting certain kinds of content difficult.

-kevin

--
Regards
Marshall Eubanks