wg-multicast - Re: Large Multicast Audience

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Large Multicast Audience

  • From: "James Martin" <>
  • To: , "James Martin" <>
  • Cc: Richard Mavrogeanes <>, , , , , , Ileana Landon <>,
  • Subject: Re: Large Multicast Audience
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 14:54:03 -0700

At 05:47 PM 9/14/2001 -0400, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

Would you be willing to share this as part of the article I am trying to arrange on multicast's success on 9/11 ?
You certainly had a good vantage point.

Certainly. Let me know if you need more information. If we do get a good article written about this, I'd love to use it as the basis of a package that would be sent to various news sources, be it BBC, CNN, ITN, whomever. Hopefully, along with a well crafted request we'd be able to get legal, continuous, high-quality multicast content that has appeal and relevance to the non-techies out there.

I was not trying to imply earlier that N+I participants were not interested in multicast news, just that I think that the audience was a lot
more wide spread.

Oh, none taken. I just took solace in the fact that I knew 50+ people were watching for every unique RCTP sender :-)

- Jim