wg-multicast - Re: Session Announcement Help, Please!

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Session Announcement Help, Please!

  • From: "Michael H. Lambert" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Re: Session Announcement Help, Please!
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 13:04:37 -0500

To update the responses I have received (thank you!):

IOS Versions: internal router 12.1(3a)T1 [RSP2]
border router 12.0(12)S [RSP4]

I changed the addresses of the RPs after verifying that the previous ones
didn't pass RPF checks in the Abilene core.

I'm not sure how often the SDP announcement is being sent (it's being
originated by SDR under MS Windows and exhibiting the usual black-box
behavior of that OS). I'm going to see if I can get some of the tools up
under FreeBSD.

Behavior I'm seeing now: The internal router carries the announcement for
three minutes; it disappears for a while (hard to time); it comes back for
another three minutes. It's not showing up in the sa-cache on the border
router at all.

Any more hints?

Thanks,

Michael