shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Sign/encrypt control

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Sign/encrypt control

  • From: "Cantor, Scott E." <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Sign/encrypt control
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 00:09:16 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

On 6/23/11 8:03 PM, "Chad La Joie"

>We certainly have a good model now to pass around data from component to
>component. But that doesn't help if we don't actually put the right
>data in there.

I think the vast majority will be the types of things any of the profile
handlers need to customize themselves now, plus information about the
binding/transport layer, endpoint properties, metadata.

I think it's the same information that the code that's actually going to
initiate the sign or encrypt would need. e.g. the encryption code needs to
have access to the information needed to derive an encryption key, and the
code that decides whether to encrypt will too.