shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] RHEL6 libcurl-openssl

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] RHEL6 libcurl-openssl

  • From: Peter Schober <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] RHEL6 libcurl-openssl
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 20:38:09 +0200

* Peter Schober
<>
[2011-05-20 18:33]:
> I sent a request to
> <>
> to find out whether anything is
> still going on there (or at least whether email is being recieved).

Just got word from Stew Benedict (handling all things LANANA for the
Linux Foundation) that "shibboleth" is now an LSB-registered Provider
Name, and "shibd" is now an LSB-registered Init Script name.
(I didn't ask for registering Package Names since this wasn't relevant
yet.)
Also the website http://www.lanana.org/ is back online and includes
up-to-date versions of the registry, including the shib names.

So the existing practice for the Shib SP is covered and the
Shib IdP and potentially the libcurl package could use
/opt/shibboleth/<package> if they wanted to.

Let me know what contact info you want to be listed in the LANANA
registry, as this currently points to my own email address.
-peter