shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] RHEL6 libcurl-openssl

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] RHEL6 libcurl-openssl

  • From: "Cantor, Scott E." <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: Ronald Schmidt <>
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] RHEL6 libcurl-openssl
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 03:22:17 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

On 5/20/11 4:49 PM, "Steve Traylen"
>On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 8:14 PM, Cantor, Scott E.
><>
>wrote:
>> See previous comment. Unless you're volunteering to help figure out how
>> do it, of course.
>>
>Not sure which comment you meant, just to be clear I was promoting
>the LD_LIBRARY_PATH rather than renaming the library which as
>you said is hard, I've tried the library rename and as you say it is
>hard.

I misunderstood your suggestion, sorry, I thought you meant to rename it.
Though this doesn't look too easy either, but I'll withold judgement until
I can look at it.

>Attached is patch to the SLC6.0 curl RPM [1] which I'm fairly sure
>is an unmodified RHEL6.0 one.

If that's Scientific Linux, it should be.

>It does the following:
>* Renames the package to curl-openssl (and libcurl-openssl for the libs)
>* Locates all the files in /opt/curl-openssl , it does this by a few a
> %global declarations at the top. This is better (easier) idea that
>/usr/lib/openssl-curl
> since it's not obvious where the bins should go with that.

I haven't gotten 100% comfort with using /opt, but unfortunately there
doesn't seem to be any alternative other than /usr

>Built openssl-curl packages and .src.rpm [3]
>
>[1]
>http://linuxsoft.cern.ch/cern/slc6X/i386/SRPMS/curl-7.19.7-16.el6.src.rpm
>[2]
>http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:AutoProvidesAndRequiresFiltering
>[3] http://cern.ch/straylen/rpms/curl-openssl
>
>(Those tests do take a long time....)

Yes, they do. Thanks very much, I'll take a look.