shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] IdP One Time Password SMS Authentication

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] IdP One Time Password SMS Authentication

  • From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
  • To: Shibboleth Dev Team <>
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] IdP One Time Password SMS Authentication
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 21:20:00 -0800 (PST)

As far as the OTP feature is concerned, I can be very specific about the desired timeline: We would like to demo a new login interface (based on OTP) to our tools at Fall 2011 I2MM.

Any number of extensions to the current IdP have been developed, including login handlers of various kinds. A featureful OTP login handler written for IdPv2 would have to be modified to work with IdPv3, but presumably most of it would still apply. So if you really want OTP functionality in a Shib IdP real soon, you'll need to see that it gets developed as an extension by someone outside the current funded project team.

There are a few cases already where community members want to develop
extensions for IdPv2 with an eye toward having them be as compatible as possible with IdPv3. This is something to discuss on the shibboleth-dev list.

- RL "Bob"