shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Frames/cookies question

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Frames/cookies question

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Frames/cookies question
  • Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 19:39:32 +0100

Scott Cantor wrote:
Was chatting with Chad about the SWITCH WAYF, and I imagine that for some
reason not clear to me, Javascript fetched from a third party inside a page
operates on different restrictions than a frame src does. That makes little
sense to me, frankly, but I guess that would be the solution.

Well, I'm guessing that it may not be treated as a third party site. The JS is fetched from the WAYF and the calls from the JS go to the WAYF. So the browser *may* be seeing that is a single site. Lukas probably knows better though.

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities