shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] Frames/cookies question

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] Frames/cookies question

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] Frames/cookies question
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 13:30:00 -0500

Paul Hethmon wrote on 2009-12-07:
> Pretty sure it is not possible. I keep having partners try to frame my IdP
> site and this makes it die a horrible death.

Right. My tests were designed to take Tomcat out of the picture so I could
make sure there wasn't anything weird there breaking it. Just simple cookie
set/get.

So, given that, isn't it fair to say that an implementation of SLO cannot
rely on frames? I believe the demo at the Hungarian site uses them. And it
works because there's a common domain.

Was chatting with Chad about the SWITCH WAYF, and I imagine that for some
reason not clear to me, Javascript fetched from a third party inside a page
operates on different restrictions than a frame src does. That makes little
sense to me, frankly, but I guess that would be the solution.