shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] Central WAYF + Distributed WAYF - Disadvantages = Embedded WAYF

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] Central WAYF + Distributed WAYF - Disadvantages = Embedded WAYF

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] Central WAYF + Distributed WAYF - Disadvantages = Embedded WAYF
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 11:22:36 -0500

> Any updates on this? Did it pass the user's tests? I'm going to use a
> WAYF as well and I'm tempted to follow the embedded route too.

As much as I want to believe that I'm just mistaken about the issues with
cookies and frames, that just isn't my experience. I haven't tested this
specific scenario yet, but my general advice is that if you're going to try
this, do not skip any browsers you care about supporting. You might hate IE,
but your users don't care what you think about Microsoft. ;-)