shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Central WAYF + Distributed WAYF - Disadvantages = Embedded WAYF

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Central WAYF + Distributed WAYF - Disadvantages = Embedded WAYF

  • From: André Cruz <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Central WAYF + Distributed WAYF - Disadvantages = Embedded WAYF
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 15:51:31 +0000

On Sep 25, 2008, at 7:53 AM, Lukas Haemmerle wrote:

It's just a form that posts the
selected entityID back to the same location.

Ok, well, that's exactly the behaviour that you get in the embedded WAYF
when you select an IdP from another federation (one of the bottom three
in the example).

Anyway, this still is just a proof-of-concept but I think we will try to
convince people in SWITCHaai to give it a try. Then we will see how it
is accepted. Thanks for the feedback :)

Any updates on this? Did it pass the user's tests? I'm going to use a WAYF as well and I'm tempted to follow the embedded route too.

André