shibboleth-dev - IdP authn features

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

IdP authn features

  • From: Jim Fox <>
  • To:
  • Subject: IdP authn features
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 21:34:15 -0800

We use pubcookie in front of our IdP, and I'd like to implement some of the login options supported by shib 2.1.

1) isPassive and forceAuthn: pubcookie supports these most easily if we use different authn urls for each. Is a custom login handler, along the lines of the distributed RemoteUser handler, the right way to go. It would act much like RemoteUser, but make allowances for the passive and forceAuthn flags -- redirecting to different login urls for each.

2) SecureID: pubcookie supports this also, with a distinct authn ur l to trigger securid login. Is this a proper use of authnContextClassRef ? If so, is there a way to communicate 'secureid' to the handler in (1)? or should I implement a separate login handler for this?

Jim