shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] IdP authn features

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] IdP authn features

  • From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
  • To: Shibboleth Dev Team <>
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] IdP authn features
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:23:34 -0800 (PST)

2) SecureID: pubcookie supports this also, with a distinct authn ur l to trigger securid login. Is this a proper use of authnContextClassRef ? If so, is there a way to communicate 'secureid' to the handler in (1)? or should I implement a separate login handler for this?

I think we'd want to define a UW-specific authnContext for this purpose since it's really a UW-specific method, especially since we now have a mix of SecurID and OATH tokens. I suppose if there were support already in SPs for a vaguely applicable SAML-spec-defined authnContext (eg TimeSyncToken) such that that method could be configured easily then we could just use that and ignore the discrepancy. I don't know what support there is in the Shib SP (or other SPs) for configuring contexts or adding new ones though.

- RL "Bob"