shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] IdP authn features

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] IdP authn features

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] IdP authn features
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 07:03:18 +0100

You're up late.

Yeah, if you need to do request routing and the like then you'll need a
custom login handler. You may have a problem with what you describe if
the SP requests both forced and passive authentication. You can get at
this information through the LoginContext, available to the handler.

In terms of the authentication method, the login handler is capable of
reporting back to the AuthN engine what method was used. Currently
there is a small issue with the IdP. If an SP requires a particular
method, say OTP, and a login handler is chosen that supports that method
but in turn returns something other method, say Username/Pass, the IdP
does not detect this an error. In the next release it will but I need
to make a small change to the LoginContext API to expose an extra bit of
data to detect this situation.

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities