shibboleth-dev - AW: AW: [Shib-Dev] getting Scope from SAMLAttribute

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

AW: AW: [Shib-Dev] getting Scope from SAMLAttribute

  • From: "Rieger, Sebastian" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: AW: AW: [Shib-Dev] getting Scope from SAMLAttribute
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 21:48:09 +0100

> Okay, I didn't follow all of that, but that's fine. If you
> have a data connector doing an attribute query to another IdP
> you'll need to tear down the attribute statement

Thanks a lot! I thought scopes are defined in the SAML standard as I saw
them as a parameter in the saml:Attribute, sorry, my fault. The fact that
they're Shib specific clears up everything! Thanks!
I'll take a look a the code of the IdP, though from my first views it seemed
like the IdP naturally only creates Scopes but doesn't get or extract them
from a given attribute statement. I'll check that again tomorrow. Otherwise
I'll go for some XPATH statements and get the scope from the attribute
statement directly - your point...

> encoders in order to see the different ways in which scopes
> can be represented, since you'll have to deal with them in
> various formats.

...scares me a little bit ;))) I don't want to deal with different formats!
but anyway... ;)

MfG

Sebastian Rieger

--
Dr. Sebastian Rieger
Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH Göttingen

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Bernhard Neumair
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Prof. Dr. Christian Griesinger
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Göttingen
Registergericht: Göttingen
Handelsregister-Nr. B 598

Die digitale Unterschrift dieser Mail kann anhand des Zertifikats des DFN
überprüft werden:
https://ca.gwdg.de/certs/root-DGP/deutsche-telekom-ca2-root-cert.der