shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Shibboleth 2.0 IdP xml digital signature

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Shibboleth 2.0 IdP xml digital signature

  • From: Kristof BAJNOK <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Shibboleth 2.0 IdP xml digital signature
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:27:41 +0100

On Thursday 30 October 2008 Chad La Joie wrote:
> But yes, if you tell your container to use something other than UTF-8
> and then try to send UTF-8 content it's going to mess things up.

I'm far from being a Java expert, but does it mean, that you are unable to
perform a single base64 encoding independently from the system locale?
I thought the container was only dealing with ASCII data (from LDAP and to
the browser), I must be wrong then.

At least this is worth a line in the wiki, I'd think.

Kristof
--
Kristof BAJNOK
Systems Engineer / Middleware