shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Shibboleth 2.0 IdP xml digital signature

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Shibboleth 2.0 IdP xml digital signature

  • From: Kristof BAJNOK <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Shibboleth 2.0 IdP xml digital signature
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:05:31 +0100

On Wednesday 29 October 2008 Scott Cantor wrote:
> > <saml:AttributeValue xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
> > xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
> > xsi:type="xs:string">Lantos ?d?m</saml:AttributeValue>
> >
> > These characters should be 'Ádám'... Maybe there are some character
> > encoding issues here :s
>
> Since Java handles Unicode as well as anything else does, if not better,
> it's pretty likely the data was corrupted either on the way into the IdP
> via the connector, or after it was sent to the SP. Can you pull it off
> the browser form and dump that? Is it already corrupted by then?

I can confirm that something screws up the Response before it gets base64
encoded when Tomcat is started with POSIX locale. Even Shib SP fails when
the Assertion is not encrypted. (Although it works fine with
EncryptedAssertion)

2008-10-30 11:01:18 DEBUG XMLTooling.TrustEngine.ExplicitKey [20]: public
key did not validate signature: Digital signature does not validate with
the supplied key.
2008-10-30 11:01:18 ERROR OpenSAML.SecurityPolicyRule.XMLSigning [20]:
unable to verify message signature with supplied trust engine

Kristof
--
Kristof BAJNOK
Systems Engineer / Middleware