shibboleth-dev - RE: log4cpp patches for Shibboleth

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: log4cpp patches for Shibboleth

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: log4cpp patches for Shibboleth
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 23:01:05 -0400

> > As I said in the other note, the autoconf scripts are not even close, I
> > had to redo them. That's not to say mine are intrinsically superior,
> > since I barely know what I'm doing, but they at least work and the olds
> > ones did not. That was also a major source of crashes (the wrong flags
> > were used all over for threads).
>
> Ah, that's why that's there.

Yes, and I frequently have to update the acx_pthreads macro, it changes a
lot. I grabbed a new version when I created the log4shib tree.

> Okay, I'm currently explaining localtime_r, and I'm cautiously optimistic.
> If we get that sorted out, I'll try to sort out the pthreads libraries,
> and then I think everything should be good. There are no other code
> changes so far as I can tell.

Well, my changes are already in place, so I'm going to leave them and post
my package (I already have the source on the web site). The RPMs will have a
default dependency on log4shib and the configure script will auto-select
that if it's available, but it should find log4cpp as a fall back and the
RPM will have a macro to point the dependency at it. If you think the Debian
log package is safe, that's fine with me.