shibboleth-dev - Re: log4cpp patches for Shibboleth

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: log4cpp patches for Shibboleth

  • From: Russ Allbery <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: log4cpp patches for Shibboleth
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 00:57:11 -0700

"Scott Cantor"
<>
writes:

> Probably should take this to -dev.

Sorry, I missed that in my previous response. I'm now subscribed to dev,
so I'm doing that now.

> You could just package my fork. I have completed the trunk changes and
> should have the branch fixed shortly, it will build with either log4shib
> or log4cpp, so you can decide whatever you want to do and switch back
> and forth.

Apparently upstream log4cpp development is continuing and I'm not sure if
everyone else who uses log4cpp in Debian would want your version (also,
I'm not the maintainer). Ideally, I'd like to see if I can resolve the
fork since the Debian maintainer apparently talks to the log4cpp
developers.

I've passed your notes along and hopefully we can sort this out, since the
diff is really fairly minimal.

--
Russ Allbery
()