shibboleth-dev - RE: Shibboleth and WebLogic Server

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Shibboleth and WebLogic Server

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Shibboleth and WebLogic Server
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 12:16:17 -0400

> Is this something useful, is there a better way to do this that I am
> missing and if I did this would it be something that could be included
> in the Shibboleth 1.3 distribution (and even in the Shib 2.0)?

I don't think we'd be too interested in including non-compliant work-arounds
for any implementations other than older Shibboleth versions, and 2.0 will
not include even that (that I know of anyway, there might be one parser bug
workaround but that's all).

These are bugs in whatever SAML code (and the Shibboleth profile code) that
you're using and should really be fixed there, especially that SAML profile
behavior, which is simply not allowed by the standard. Not even the US govt
ever went that far.

What is the code anyway? Does WebLogic support SAML or something?