shibboleth-dev - Shibboleth and WebLogic Server

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Shibboleth and WebLogic Server

  • From: Brett Lomas <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Shibboleth and WebLogic Server
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 11:44:42 +1200

Hi all,

I have done some work to get WebLogic to work with the Shibboleth IdP
and all in all it works quite well.

A couple of things I have found which do not work are around the HTTP
request and associated parameters. Shibboleth expects the target
parameter to be "target" but weblogic passes this as TARGET. Also
weblogic needs a parameter call APID to be passed back to the ACS which
identifies the asserting party to the weblogic relying party (this is
stupid I know because they should be getting this from the SAML
response).

The reason I am writing you guys is I am thinking of patching the
Shibboleth IDP to:
a. take the target as Target, target, or TARGET from the reuqest
b. pass on any parameters it doesn't recognise to the ACS

Is this something useful, is there a better way to do this that I am
missing and if I did this would it be something that could be included
in the Shibboleth 1.3 distribution (and even in the Shib 2.0)?

Thanks for any help and guidance.

Thanks
Brett

--