shibboleth-dev - Re: Shibboleth and WebLogic Server

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Shibboleth and WebLogic Server

  • From: Brett Lomas <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: Shibboleth and WebLogic Server
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 11:29:46 +1200

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 18:59 -0400, Tom Scavo wrote:
> > It is also part of the spec that the ACS must use the issuer in the
> > assertion?
>
> I'm not following you here...use issuer for what?

Sorry, I believe the Shibboleth SP uses the Issuer attribute of the SAML
assertion to then obtain details from the metadata about the IdP.
WebLogic requires an APID parameter to be passed back to the ACS which
it then uses to look up details from the configuration (and not any form
of metadata).

Brett