shibboleth-dev - Form of ADFS code integration in 2.0 SP

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Form of ADFS code integration in 2.0 SP

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Form of ADFS code integration in 2.0 SP
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 14:01:43 -0400

This is really just a code organizational question, but I thought I'd see if
anybody feels strongly about it, since I don't.

Currently, the ADFS plugin for the SP is a separate library that can be
loaded (or not) to enable that capability in the software.

What I was wondering was whether people would prefer that I continue to keep
the code in a separate library, or move it into the main SP library where
the SAML 1 and 2 protocol support handlers are implemented.

The main issue is just runtime code size and a little extra Makefile work
for me. Either way you have to explicitly enable it to use it, so it's not
forced on anybody either way.

I also plan to include a skeletal "plugin" project that will facilitate
people who want to write their own plugins of whatever API, so not having it
separated out won't really remove any useful "sample" code either.

Anybody care?