shibboleth-dev - RE: Form of ADFS code integration in 2.0 SP

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Form of ADFS code integration in 2.0 SP

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Form of ADFS code integration in 2.0 SP
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 14:07:41 -0400

> What I was wondering was whether people would prefer that I continue to
keep
> the code in a separate library, or move it into the main SP library where
> the SAML 1 and 2 protocol support handlers are implemented.

I should add, BTW, that I haven't entirely closed the book on the idea of
making the SAML handlers themselves separate libraries, and possibly having
enable/disable options at configure time, which would allow compiling in the
various versions selectively.

But given that this is first and foremost SAML software, and the goal is to
get people supporting SAML 2.0 (and obviously people will need to handle
SAML 1.1 for a good long while no matter what), that isn't all that powerful
an idea, so I haven't been leaning that way.

Most of the code bloat comes from the SAML library, and that isn't
selectively buildable with only SAML 1 or 2 support, so I don't think it
would accomplish much anyway.