shibboleth-dev - Re: Configuring logging in java components

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Configuring logging in java components

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Configuring logging in java components
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 10:08:59 -0500

It is a position we, the project, is considering. We're trying hard to make sure these components can be deployed in any Servlet 2.4 container (which is why stuff like this logging config is coming up) but like now we'll probably focus our instructions on a single platform that we think is a good choice. We're just discussing whether there is benefit to moving from Apache Tomcat to JBoss Tomcat and what it means for people.

Tom Scavo wrote:
On 2/6/07, Chad La Joie

As a complete aside I'm likely going to start recommending people use
JBoss Tomcat as it fixes a ton of really annoying bugs.

Chad, is this your own personal recommendation or is this a
project-supported platform?

Thanks,
Tom

--