shibboleth-dev - moving TestShib forward.....

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

moving TestShib forward.....

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: moving TestShib forward.....
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 11:44:46 -0500

this item was in the agenda for yesterday's call, and was on the screen right in front of me, but I somehow managed to not see it.... so I guess I'll the conversation via email.....

a) impact on software packaging of transition from InQueue to TestShib

as we make this transition, what we would like the doc to recommend as the "default" installation process? and the follow on steps? (yea, right, this conversation again....)

Some possibilities....

-- should the download package include a config and private key that would work against the TS sample target? (actually, I'm not sure this is possible)

-- 9star has mentioned that they're distributing a shib install CD to their customers, and have offered it to us... worth pursuing?

-- should the package include multiple pre-configured config files (useful for various situations), or just a few cookbooks describing the steps to create a config for "situation X" (eg a bilateral config)