shibboleth-dev - RE: NameIDFormat metadata elements

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: NameIDFormat metadata elements

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: NameIDFormat metadata elements
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 13:17:14 -0500

> No, my 1.2 -> 1.3 converter doesn't seem to include these. Turns out we
> discussed this in mid-March and eventually decided not to, because:
>
> > Shib requires that implementations support that format, but it doesn't
> > require anybody deploy it. Metadata reflects deployment, not
implementation,
> > so the values depend entirely on the deployment choices.
>
> Maybe I misinterpreted that?

No, I think the point was that as a generic style sheet, it was a good idea
not to make assumptions. But when I ran it against InQueue, I should have
added it, and I didn't.

I think the rest may be due to differences between the old and new join
forms.

> Seems to apply to InCommon, too, FWIW, from the figures above.
> Obviously not scary, but more of an enduring anomaly than InQueue.

Right, but InCommon has many fewer entities, so IJ can clean it up easily
and we can fix it going forward.