shibboleth-dev - Re: passive authN

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: passive authN

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: passive authN
  • Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 22:12:27 -0500

Jim Fox wrote:

My inference from the Shib 2.0 document is that is can support this
sort of custom authn by redirection out of the box (nearly, at least).
If so, extending the method to passive authn or logout seems not
too much trouble.

That is my assumption.

Any other local SSO system that also works by Location style apache
directives should be able to be accomodated in a similar manner.

Also my assumption. Tom seems to argue for something more formalized, but if so, I'm just making the point that it's not likely to happen without somebody else proposing something.

Probably Chad just needs to mock things up so people can evaluate it more directly.