shibboleth-dev - Re: comments: draft-mace-shibboleth-arch-conformance-05

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: comments: draft-mace-shibboleth-arch-conformance-05

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Shibboleth Development <>
  • Subject: Re: comments: draft-mace-shibboleth-arch-conformance-05
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 13:09:26 -0400

Tom Scavo wrote:
FYI, this is exactly where we're headed on the grid SP side. A grid
SP will not only consume IdP metadata, but it will also produce SP
metadata based on the underlying GT configuration. Another approach
is to provide tools (like Nate's web app) that produce metadata that
is then sucked into the grid SP config. I'm not sure which is the
preferred way to go. Maybe both.

I suspect both, but hopefully we can build on the GridShib work and put something together for Shib proper at some point. I should put that into the Wiki as a futures project.