shibboleth-dev - Re: comments: draft-mace-shibboleth-arch-conformance-05

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: comments: draft-mace-shibboleth-arch-conformance-05

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>
  • Cc: Shibboleth Development <>
  • Subject: Re: comments: draft-mace-shibboleth-arch-conformance-05
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 12:12:49 -0400

On 9/10/05, Scott Cantor

> How it gets put together and consumed is up to the implementations but the
> interchange format has to be there. This arguably makes Shib 1.3
> non-conformant because we don't have any way to automatically produce a
> metadata file by reading a configuration yet. Something to work on.

FYI, this is exactly where we're headed on the grid SP side. A grid
SP will not only consume IdP metadata, but it will also produce SP
metadata based on the underlying GT configuration. Another approach
is to provide tools (like Nate's web app) that produce metadata that
is then sucked into the grid SP config. I'm not sure which is the
preferred way to go. Maybe both.

Tom