shibboleth-dev - RE: EAuth subjectname

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: EAuth subjectname

  • From: Jim Fox <>
  • To: "David L. Wasley" <>
  • Cc: Scott Cantor <>, "'Shibboleth Dev Team'" <>
  • Subject: RE: EAuth subjectname
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:14:57 -0700 (PDT)

I am pushing gently but firmly for eAuth to use ePTID. So far, when I have had a one-on-one conversation with a clueful eAuth person, they seem to agree that it makes good sense. We'll see...

If you operate an idP you don't have to push at all - just do it.

The problem is that there are many ways to get an ePTID. Some
sites generate one on each access. Others might use a database.
We generate them as needed but save them for subsequent access.
A general solution that works for everyone would be difficult,
so I have some sympathy for the developers here.

Jim