shibboleth-dev - RE: EAuth subjectname

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: EAuth subjectname

  • From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
  • To: "David L. Wasley" <>
  • Cc: "'Shibboleth Dev Team'" <>
  • Subject: RE: EAuth subjectname
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:05:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, David L. Wasley wrote:

I am pushing gently but firmly for eAuth to use ePTID. So far, when I have had a one-on-one conversation with a clueful eAuth person, they seem to agree that it makes good sense. We'll see...

That said, I suspect that apps like FastLane will want other infor such as role (e.g. Principle Investigator) but that's another story.

FastLane is fine with getting a targetedID as a uid. They currently ignore everything else in the assertion. There will have to be analysis done about the various business processes, and a new round of development on their end, to get attribute exchange into the flow. This will happen some time after the initial authentication is shown to work.

- RL "Bob"