shibboleth-dev - RE: EAuth subjectname

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: EAuth subjectname

  • From: "David L. Wasley" <>
  • To: "Scott Cantor" <>, "'Jim Fox'" <>
  • Cc: "'Shibboleth Dev Team'" <>
  • Subject: RE: EAuth subjectname
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 08:51:56 -0700

I am pushing gently but firmly for eAuth to use ePTID. So far, when I have had a one-on-one conversation with a clueful eAuth person, they seem to agree that it makes good sense. We'll see...

That said, I suspect that apps like FastLane will want other infor such as role (e.g. Principle Investigator) but that's another story.

David

-----
At 10:47 AM -0400 on 6/22/05, Scott Cantor wrote:

> OK, OK, just asking.

Sorry, a bit late, and people have been poking at us lately with sharp
sticks.

Programmers on the user end don't know the plan either. It's sometimes a
bit
of work to implement these things. If a general solution to a problem is
coming along in the next release - well it's nice to know ahead of time.

I don't think Walter had anything specific planned, no. At least not until
somebody came up with suggestions after trying to interop with these
applications.