shibboleth-dev - RE: resolvertest

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: resolvertest

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Mark Allen Earnest' <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: resolvertest
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 13:25:46 -0500

> The problem is I have verified that the userID is the same, the requester
> is the same, and the resolver.xml file is the same. This is why I think
> there may be a problem with resolvertest.

I can't think how, it just acts as a shell around the same body of code. The
point is that in the list you give above, you don't mention the salt. The
salt is therefore almost certainly not the same. The salt is in the keystore
that ant creates/edits when you run the genSalt target.

Resolvertest uses a sort of "virtual" file loader to locate the salt
keystore based on the classpath in effect and where the classes get loaded
from. So it's quite possible to not realize that in that case the salt is
from a file on disk and in the "deployed case" it might be inside a warfile,
or at least from a different warfile on the same box.