shibboleth-dev - Re: Quick update re: Sun compiler

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Quick update re: Sun compiler

  • From: Walter Hoehn <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>
  • Cc: , "'Shibboleth Design Team'" <>
  • Subject: Re: Quick update re: Sun compiler
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 13:32:44 -0500

I now have the current target code running on Solaris 9. In order to get the xmlsec validation to work, I had to link EVERYTHING against openssl 0.9.7.

-Walter

Scott Cantor wrote:
would it make sense to take libuuid out of the make file (at least in attempting to compile it)...

I just built it with gcc and went on. My point is, that's not acceptable
if their criteria is no gcc-built code.

and see if anything else has problems with the compiler?

not that compiling proves it'll run..... but not compiling certainly makes it harder to run (-:

I have it all built, but not correctly yet. There are still some linking
issues to resolve, but I'm cautiously optimistic. The other major
problem I had originally turned out to be an autoconf bug. I needed an
even newer release than the bleeding edge version I was already on.

Walter F. Hoehn, Jr
Systems Programmer
Columbia University - EPIC