shibboleth-dev - RE: Quick update re: Sun compiler

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Quick update re: Sun compiler

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To:
  • Cc: 'Shibboleth Design Team' <>
  • Subject: RE: Quick update re: Sun compiler
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 13:21:04 -0500

> would it make sense to take libuuid out of the make file (at least in
> attempting to compile it)...

I just built it with gcc and went on. My point is, that's not acceptable
if their criteria is no gcc-built code.

> and see if anything else has problems with the compiler?
>
> not that compiling proves it'll run..... but not compiling certainly
> makes it harder to run (-:

I have it all built, but not correctly yet. There are still some linking
issues to resolve, but I'm cautiously optimistic. The other major
problem I had originally turned out to be an autoconf bug. I needed an
even newer release than the bleeding edge version I was already on.