perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Maddash WebUI does not detect VM agent down on dashboard when VM is powered off

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Maddash WebUI does not detect VM agent down on dashboard when VM is powered off

  • From: "Mike Cruzz" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Maddash WebUI does not detect VM agent down on dashboard when VM is powered off
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 00:53:31 +0000

I have been running perfsonar test between 2 VMs and while the VM's are
running the Maddash-webui shows the status as green.

When I power one of the VM or disconnect the vnic to the VM, the status on
maddash still shows the test as green. However when I click into the Panel it
shows

Current Status: OK
Result of last check: OK
Message For Current Status: Average packet loss is 0.000%

But there is a break in the graph from the point when the VM was turned off.

When I bring the VM on and run the test again, the graph just continues to
fill the area which should have been blank to show that the test was not run
or a drop in datapoints.

Is this expected behaviour?

Any reason why maddash in the first case does not turn red/orange to show at
least the status as Unable to find test data.

Thanks

Mike