perfsonar-user - RE: [perfsonar-user] Maddash WebUI does not detect VM agent down on dashboard when VM is powered off

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

RE: [perfsonar-user] Maddash WebUI does not detect VM agent down on dashboard when VM is powered off

  • From: "Garnizov, Ivan" <>
  • To: Mike Cruzz <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [perfsonar-user] Maddash WebUI does not detect VM agent down on dashboard when VM is powered off
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 14:45:38 +0000

Hello Mike,

There might be many reasons for MaDDash to assess the state of a connectivity as OK, despite some obvious connectivity issues.
It depends for example on the type of tests you have configured. There are also different set of thresholds and different aggregation intervals.

Please provide the specific test specification (tests) from your mesh. Also follow these instructions http://docs.perfsonar.net/psconfig_maddash_agent.html#determining-check-plugins-installed and provide the output of psconfig maddash-check-plugins for the specific test you are working with.

Please also consider some way for us to get https access to the dashboard (assuming here you have installed the perfsonar-centralmanagement bundle)

Regards,
Ivan Garnizov

GEANT WP6T3: pS development team
GEANT WP7T1: pS deployments GN Operations
GEANT WP9T2: Software governance in GEANT