perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Changes in Throughput testing process reporting with new PS4.2.3?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Changes in Throughput testing process reporting with new PS4.2.3?

  • From: Szymon Trocha <>
  • To: Phil Reese <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Changes in Throughput testing process reporting with new PS4.2.3?
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 23:17:42 +0100

W dniu 03.03.2020 o 23:10, Phil Reese pisze:
Hi,

My systems promptly were updated to the new release.  I reviewed the Release Notes and didn't see anything that appeared to impact my set of Grid tests.

However, since Thursday. I've had quite a number of failed Throughput tests happen between my hosts.  Till the upgrade, the every three hour tests, would come back green (>=.9Gbs) with an occasional yellow (<.9Gbps but more than .5Gbps).  Now it seems that during business hours I'll have as many as 70 out of 484 tests fully fail, these mostly clear over night, but come back the next day but not necessarily the same host to host failures.

I know that the net as a whole is certainly busier during the day but why would the historical grids show at most a slow down not no 'test data found'?

Hi Phil,

Are the other latency/traceroute tests running correctly? I'm not saying this is the same issue but we observe similar behaviour in one of our meshes.

Are you able to run a CLI throughput test between the example two hosts which are failing and provide the output to see the error?

Szymon Trocha
Poznań Supercomputing & Networking Center
General NOC phone +48 61-858-2015 | noc.pcss.pl
Personal desk phone +48 61-858-2022 Wysłaliśmy do Ciebie ten e-mail w odpowiedzi na Twoje zapytanie lub w związku z oferowaną usługą. Przesłanie korespondencji do Centrum Zarządzania PCSS lub zgłoszenie telefoniczne jest równoznaczne z wyrażeniem zgody na przetwarzanie danych osobowych przez Instytut Chemii Bioorganicznej Polskiej Akademii Nauk w Poznaniu adres: ul. Z. Noskowskiego 12/14, 61-704 Poznań. Szczegółowe informacje znajdują się w naszej Polityce prywatności. | This message has been sent as a part of communication with PSNC NOC or your service request sent to us. For more information read our Privacy Policy.