perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Changes in Throughput testing process reporting with new PS4.2.3?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Changes in Throughput testing process reporting with new PS4.2.3?

  • From: Phil Reese <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Changes in Throughput testing process reporting with new PS4.2.3?
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 14:10:15 -0800

Hi,

My systems promptly were updated to the new release.  I reviewed the Release Notes and didn't see anything that appeared to impact my set of Grid tests.

However, since Thursday. I've had quite a number of failed Throughput tests happen between my hosts.  Till the upgrade, the every three hour tests, would come back green (>=.9Gbs) with an occasional yellow (<.9Gbps but more than .5Gbps).  Now it seems that during business hours I'll have as many as 70 out of 484 tests fully fail, these mostly clear over night, but come back the next day but not necessarily the same host to host failures.

I know that the net as a whole is certainly busier during the day but why would the historical grids show at most a slow down not no 'test data found'?

Thanks for any insight.
Phil