perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Problem with Persfonar firewall ports

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Problem with Persfonar firewall ports

  • From: Mark Feit <>
  • To: Raul Lopes <>, Szymon Trocha <>
  • Cc: "" <>, Tim Chown <>, Ivan Garnizov <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Problem with Persfonar firewall ports
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 22:41:46 +0000

Raul Lopes writes:

Important: MadDash is showing perfect results for latency and trace tests. Only badwidth fails.

Trace and latency are single-participant tests and don’t require one pScheduler to talk to another.  Throughput does, and the error message seen when you try to run it from the command line says it’s having difficulties doing that.  Knowing that rules out a whole raft of things.  443 may not be blocked, but there’s clearly a problem between the two machines that needs to be found and resolved.

This has reached the point where the back-and-forth to debug this isn’t something the user list needs to be subjected to.  Drop me a line off-list tomorrow morning and we’ll go through it in person.  I’m in the Eastern time zone.

--Mark