perfsonar-user - RE: [perfsonar-user] Missing results from OWAMP measurements in one of the directions

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

RE: [perfsonar-user] Missing results from OWAMP measurements in one of the directions

  • From: "Garnizov, Ivan (RRZE)" <>
  • To: Andrew Lake <>
  • Cc: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: RE: [perfsonar-user] Missing results from OWAMP measurements in one of the directions
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 12:47:04 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, de-DE, en-US

Hi Andy,

I was just about to create an issue, which I will eventually do.

In fact this morning I was enlightened by the idea, that it was not the manually setup test that restored the results collection, but the re-initialization of the services involved with the testing. You can imagine I have 19 servers in GEANT and the case A, B, C is not a unique one.

What I noticed today that all graphs on host B had started showing the data. In fact I should put it in another way….regular_testing service began storing results from both directions. Still yesterday I restarted from console the regular_testing service more than 10 times with no sign of improvement. So there must be a difference.

That is how I came to the point of inspecting the init process….(another email)

Now I will open an issue with the findings I have.

Thank you for your prompt replies!

Best regards,

Ivan