perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Missing results from OWAMP measurements in one of the directions

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Missing results from OWAMP measurements in one of the directions

  • From: "Garnizov, Ivan (RRZE)" <>
  • To: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Missing results from OWAMP measurements in one of the directions
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 16:19:14 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, de-DE, en-US

Dear perfSONAR developers,

I have this strange case where latency measurements between hosts are running in a predefined mesh.

What I observe though is that MA on host A and B has collected results with them being the destination.

When I look at host C though which is also part of the mesh it has results for A->C, C->A, B->C and B->C,

where on B again I have the results for C->B only and no data for the reverse test.

I also produced short CLI test on both B and C. And results of both direction appear at both places. (still these are short term tests)

It makes no sense to me, since I expect that the control connection between 2 hosts in an OWAMP test is continuous.

I also checked the regular_testing.log.

On host B I can find Esmond requests to store the results with the B being destination, but not as a source.

On host C I can find Esmond requests with both C as source and destination for this measurement.

On host B I see all the traceroute data recorded to all remote hosts.

On host B there is 1 other host Z, for which OWAMP results are present on this server both sender and receiver.

In fact I decided besides the short term test and despite the mesh generated test to create manually an OWAMP test on host B. This immediately resulted in having both results recorded.

Please give some hints on reasons that may prevent results from being recorded on host B for the forward direction of OWAMP tests.

Is there a way, apart from restarting the whole box, to make the results available for both directions.

Best regards,

Ivan