perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] PerfSonar install

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] PerfSonar install

  • From: Greg Clarkson <>
  • To: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] PerfSonar install
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 18:36:08 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi All

I’m still struggling to get PerfSonar working on a Dell server.

The reason I could not get the net-install to work, I think, is because there is a problem with configuring the network card.

I have PerfSonar currently installed but it is really slow and it will not sync or give a list of current sights, is there a problem with the 4.3 driver

on older network cards? It looks like the 4.3 driver is included with the latest release. The card and fiber module  are both Intel the

SFP+ is SR 10 gig  and the card is the Intel X502 DA2. At one point it looked like it was connecting  as a 1 gig link and the SFP+ on the other end

is a Cisco SFP+ SR 10 gig module. ( This would defiantly cause a problem) Right now I’m not sure where to continue with it.  When I run yum

it comes back with an error  4: PYCURL ERROR 6 - "Couldn't resolve host 'software.internet2.edu'"

Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: Internet2

Thank you

Greg

image001