perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] (forgot) Perfsonar BW box q

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] (forgot) Perfsonar BW box q

  • From: Winnie Lacesso <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] (forgot) Perfsonar BW box q
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 14:56:34 +0100 (BST)

Good afternoon!

On Wed, 20 May 2015, Andrew Lake wrote:
> - Disabling the firewall got rid of the peer port issue. I think if you open
> 6001-6200 TCP and UDP you should be set to turn it back on.

Done! I think.

The mesh file was done as instructed:
https://twiki.opensciencegrid.org/bin/view/Documentation/InstallUpdatePS#WlcgConfig

really all I did was as it said:

> all sites should set:
> Set this to https://myosg.grid.iu.edu/pfmesh/mine/hostname/<FQDN>
> Replace <FQDN> with the fully qualified domain name of your host, e.g.,
> psum01.aglt2.org.

& I added the site email addr

> The way this is configured, you are only running BWCTL throughput tests to
> hosts in the UK.

I suppose someone responsible for the mesh is in charge of that - not me.

> I wouldn't expect any throughput data. My guess is that this is expected,
> but
> just pointing it out in case it's not.

Will ask Duncan Rand about that, I think he's the UK Mesh Man.

Thanks for explaining about the 30sec time limit vs the 35second test!

> The fix is to have Shawn change the 'duration' in the meshconfig to 25,
> which will make it a true 30 second test within the BWCTL limits.

Ok - that sounds like something I do not do, someone else does.

> I think the summary is there are two problems 1) The firewall ports and 2)
> the test duration + omit_interval exceeding the BWCTL limit after a recent
> update. Hopefully resolving those will get things working.

The firewall is back on & everyone on the planet should be able to get to
ports 6001-6200 on lcgnetmon02.phy.bris.ac.uk - might you be so kind as to
test once more?