perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] (forgot) Perfsonar BW box q

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] (forgot) Perfsonar BW box q

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] (forgot) Perfsonar BW box q
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 11:23:16 -0400

Hi,

The window of time where anything listens on those ports is rather small.When you initiate a BWCTL test, which usually only lasts a few seconds, it spawns a listener on those ports and then stops listening when the test is over.

Hope that helps,
Andy

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 10:42 AM, Winnie Lacesso <> wrote:

Thank you Andrew!

> /var/log/perfsonar/regular_testing.log. I suspect there will be a bunch of
> errors like "bwctl: Unable to initiate peer handshake with [X.X.X.X]:6XXX -
> canceling'.

Yes, and they go back as far as the logs do, to mid-March, so they didn't
start abruptly.

> to the BWCTL 'peer ports' which is TCP and UDP ports 6001-6200.

May one enquire is there supposed to be something listening on 6001-6200
that eg netstat -nap might show? Because netstat -nap doesn't show
anything.

There are 23 instances of daemon /usr/bin/bwctld running....

> Hope that helps,

It does, thank you very much!