perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] (forgot) Perfsonar BW box q

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] (forgot) Perfsonar BW box q

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To:
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] (forgot) Perfsonar BW box q
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 08:32:32 -0400

Hi Winnie,

I can’t seem to reach lcgnetmon02.phy.bris.ac.uk or run bwctl tests to it
from any host. My guess would be you have some firwall issues. The red dots
on the graphs of t2ps-bandwidth.physics.ox.ac.uk and
perfsonar-bw.tier2.hep.manchester.ac.uk seem to indicate they can’t connect
to the BWCTL “peer ports” which is TCP and UDP ports 6001-6200. Same with
psum02.aglt2.org. My guess is you have a firewall filter blocking TCP and/or
UDP 6001-6200 somewhere. As far as I can tell the regular_testing update had
nothing to do with it. You can also look in
/var/log/perfsonar/regular_testing.log. I suspect there will be a bunch of
errors like "bwctl: Unable to initiate peer handshake with [X.X.X.X]:6XXX -
canceling”.

Hope that helps,
Andy